for performing arts
Fabrik Cassiopée continues the story written by Bureau Cassiopée for the past ten years.
Created in 2004, this production office was one of the first of its kind to accompany artistic teams and lead advisory missions. Founded by Anne-Cécile Sibué-Birkeland, who was quickly joined by Léonor Baudouin (today, respectively the Director of the Black Box in Oslo, and Secretary General of Le Manège, state-funded theatre in Reims), this organization took on different missions throughout the years with a view to maintaining a constant balance between accompanying confirmed artists and driving projects forward that privilege the development and construction of emerging teams.
Having been stakeholders in the bureau for several years, we now continue the adventure with shared issues, inheriting a framework and methodology that we contributed to building.
Our goal is the long-term support of artistic teams throughout the entire creative process. Production, administration, distribution, communication, and development are at the very core of our project. Our curiosity is focused primarily on artists that are active in choreography and hybrid theatrical writing.
The goal is to be able to build a collaboration with artists over a long period of time by creating a strong rapport and permanent dialogue. In order to attain this objective, and be as close as possible to the desires of everyone involved, we have chosen to work with few artists, and privilege artistic and human proximity.
Having an international presence has always been a major concern for us. It remains just as strong because we are convinced that the circulation of works throughout the world and international cooperation regarding artistic and cultural projects are worthwhile goals that we must preserve and develop.
By relying on the synergy of different profiles and a dense network of partners that has been built over the years, Fabrik Cassiopée offers the possibility of finding a wide range of different skills and expertise within a single structure.
HISTORIC OF CONSULTING, MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS, TRAINING & WORKSHOP
(Run by Anne-Cécile Sibué-Birkeland and/or Léonor Baudouin)
* Consultancy "International Development" at Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil (2012-2016)
* Development adviser - la compagnie La communauté inavouable, Clyde Chabot (2015)
Mentorship programs :
*A.V.E.C : Counseling for young artists / companies proposed by the Théâtre de Vanves in partnership with ARCADI (2008-2016)
* Mentorship Program for young managers of dance companies, proposed by the Centre National de la Dance in partnership with ARCADI (2010-2012)
Training and workshop :
* Workshop "Circulation of contemporary dance productions in Europe – workshops for dance managers" - Varsaw (october 2014) Proposed by IMIT (Institute of Music and Dance) (PL) and Reso Dance Network Switzerland. Run by La Belle Ouvrage-Paris
* Training "Mobile Workshop-Practices of European Cooperation" for French professionals at Helsinki / Brussels / Zagreb / Paris (2014-2015) Proposed and run by La Belle Ouvrage-Paris
* Workshop "Identifying contexts" for artists and producers - Bergen (octobre 2014) Proposed by Oktoberdans - BITteatergarasjen
* Training "International strategy and touring" at Montpellier (2015 & 2016) - Montpellier – Proposed by ARDEC
* Vues d'ailleurs "Promotion practices in contemporary performing arts" - for Swiss managers or artists in Switzerland (2015) A project by Reso. With the support of Pro Helvetia. In association with La Belle Ouvrage Run by la Belle Ouvrage).
* “International strategy and administration" at ENSATT-Lyon (2015)
Bureau Cassiopée has collaborated with : Séverine Adamy (2004-2007), Herman Diephuis (2004-2012), Radouane El Medheb (2007-2008), Frank II Louise (2004-2007), Satchie Noro (2004-2007), Martine Pisani (2004-2007), Philippe Quesne (2004-2005), Christian Rizzo (2012-2014), Carlotta Sagna (2005-2013), Caterina Sagna (2009-2013), Gisèle Vienne (2006-2012), Raphaëlle Delaunay (2011-2015).
Isabelle Morel - Production / Distribution
With a degree in contemporary literature (Université Toulouse-Le Mirail) and an M.A. in International Relations, specializing in cultural project management (University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne), Isabelle Morel began her career as a project manager for the Ministry of Culture and Communication at the Department of International Affairs on cultural cooperation projects with Eastern Europe. Given her passion for contemporary dance, she then worked from 1996 to 1999 as an Executive Assistant at the Centre de DéveloppementChorégraphique Toulouse-Midi-Pyrénées (the first of its kind in France). After returning to Paris, she became production administrator for the choreographer Marco Berrettini/ Cie *Melk Prod in 2001, whom she accompanied for eight years.
She joined Bureau Cassiopée in 2010 to develop production and diffusion for Cie Caterina & Carlotta Sagna. As of September 2012, she has done the same for Christian Rizzo. She is currently in charge of production and distribution for projects by Mickaël Phelippeau and Jonathan Capdevielle. Since october 2015, she has been at the head of a distribution mission with the CDN Besançon Franche-Comté, headed by Célie Pauthe.
Manon Crochemore – Administration
After studying history in Brest, ManonCrochemore entered ENSATT (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Techniques du Théâtre) in 2008. For the next two years, she specialized in “Performing Arts Administration”. After completing her degree, she worked for one year as production assistant at the Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil – Centre Dramatique National, as part of a work placement agreement. During this time, she began collaborating with Raphaëlle Delaunay in the administration of her performing arts company (Traces).
In June 2011, she joined Bureau Cassiopée in order to work with Compagnie Caterina & Carlotta Sagna. She is currently in charge of administration for projects by Jonathan Capdevielle, Mickaël Phelippeau and Marcela Santander Corvalan. She supports Marcela Santander Corvalan for administration, production and distribution of her projects, since september 2016.